Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do you do when you think that you’re iPhone has been compromised

iPhone XR hacking

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 6:43 AM

10 replies

Mar 9, 2021 10:48 PM in response to darann113

I’m sorry that your only answers were accusations and assumptions. I think your question was a valid question. And I apologize for the “community” that so quickly assumed you’ve “jail broken” your iPhone and only asked more questions that were “reasonable yet not very welcoming.” If you haven’t already Try to update to the latest version of iOS, since it is a (SECURITY UPDATE) regarding Google and Microsoft I’m assuming.... I really don’t know. Ok, log into your account and go back to the device screen where you had seen the devices that do not belong to you and remove them, leaving only the device or devices that belong to you, and then change your password. I hope that helps you. this is a community of people that are “supposed to help others” not shame them for asking a simple question... Anyway, I’m sure your iPhone and account are ok. ;)

Mar 10, 2021 6:02 AM in response to Inevitable79

Inevitable79 wrote:

I’m sorry that your only answers were accusations and assumptions. I think your question was a valid question. And I apologize for the “community” that so quickly assumed you’ve “jail broken” your iPhone and only asked more questions that were “reasonable yet not very welcoming.” I

I think perhaps you don't understand conditional phrasing in English. I know a lot of people here only speak English as a second language so, those sorts of concepts can be new to some people. For example, deggie said, "If you haven't jailbroken it, and no one has stolen it, then it isn't compromised." The "if" is the important word here. "If" the OP has not jailbroken the phone, it was not compromised and something else was the cause of the problem. deggie would have said something like "because" you jailbroke your phone..... if he had meant he believed that the OP had, in fact, jailbroken it. See the difference?

See also:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tone_policing

What do you do when you think that you’re iPhone has been compromised

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.