Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari suddenly gone from iOS devices

Hi all

Safari suddenly disappeared this AM from iPhone and iPad Pro. Icon gone, can’t be found in settings. No issues with the screen time restrictions (I checked). Did complete reset of the iPad including erasing all content and settings. Haven’t done it yet on my phone. Any ideas? Help!

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 11:14 PM

My problem was resolved tonight: we found out that the exchange server that we use for work email was interacting with iOS in a funny way that disabled Safari. Not sure what the settings were but our IT people were able to fix it. We had about a dozen or more employees who had this problem.

8 replies

Mar 10, 2021 7:43 PM in response to Jonathan Mcdonagh

Something similar happened to my iPhone XR (iOS14) last week. The Safari icon disappeared from my phone screen and couldn’t be found anywhere. I followed all the suggestions and could not get it back onto Home Screen. It was visible in the App Library, but the “Add to Home Screen “ option wasn’t there. I could get to Safari by searching, and links opened Safari. Tonight, I went in search of the question I had posted about this, and found the above question. I checked my phone settings and then my App Library. When I clicked on Safari tonight, “Add to Home Screen” option was there. Not a solution, but thought worth mentioning. Apple, what is going on?

Safari suddenly gone from iOS devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.