Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

big sur 11.2.3 display

Just update MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016) to Big Sur 11.2.3 and now I can't connect external monitor via Totu USB-C hub. Need help ASAP as I need an external monitor to do work.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 6:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 6:44 PM

Hi cscomsci,

You do not say whether the monitor was connected before you updated to Big Sur ... wondering ?

Apple has a support page on connecting an external monitor:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT202351

Hope this helps you

5 replies

Apr 25, 2021 5:06 PM in response to c-monstr

Hi Mikhail,

Thanks for posting to the Apple Community. We are all Mac users, here just like you. So if you want to get the message to Apple, you might want to send your feedback on to Apple.

There;'s a webpage for sending feedback:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

I understand there are videos on YouTube for workarounds with external monitors, using drivers and / or docking stations.

Having zero experience with the M1 chip myself, I do not know how useful / reliable the advice presented may be. It is early days for Apple's new chip. Seems that a lot may be possible right now, if one is willing to go the distance.

YouTube: MacOS Big Sur External Monitor Workaround/ Fix With Pro Presenter - YouTube

YouTube: Connecting 2021 MacBook pro M1 chip to multiple monitors | Plugable Triple Display Docking Station - YouTube

YouTube: MacBook Air M1 dual monitor setup with DisplayLink | Dixon talks tech - YouTube

Cheers :)

Apr 25, 2021 8:45 AM in response to cscomsci

Quite frustrating: my new M1 MacBook Air (Big Sur 11.2.3) does not work with Apple's own LED Cinema Display. The display is recognized, but the resolution is abysmally low. The display works without any issues by all other laptops I tried (older Macs and even two different Ubuntus). Apple, please fix this, I really want to keep the display (it costed more than the laptop).

Another USB-C display I have, Lenovo 27h-10, works with the Big Sur 11.2.3 laptop at optimal resolution but there is something wrong with text rendering / anti-aliasing. The text in many applications looks noticeably blurred. My Ubuntu laptop does not show this problem.

I am really surprised that these external display issues on Big Sur are still not fixed, after months of public reports all over the web. Apple, you can do better!

Mikhail

big sur 11.2.3 display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.