Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing things from the dock

How do I remove things from the dock? In the past I just dragged them off and they went *poof*. Now the item snaps back into the dock. I'm using OS 11.2.2 on a MacBook Pro. --Tom in Texas

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 7:02 PM

4 replies

Mar 10, 2021 6:54 AM in response to TominTexas

TominTexas Said:

"Removing things from the dock: It was one of those spoofs, a pop up that said my Adobe Software is out of date and needs upgrading. I was hesitant to do anything with it. But I tried that, and it disappeared. Thanks.

———-

You are welcome.

Important: Always Create a Backup: 

Prior to making any major changes to your device, such as an application installation, be sure you always ways backup your Mac prior installing an update. Doing so, you will have something to restore from the backup, should anything go wrong with the update. Point Being: Always have a recent backup — and create one today.

Mar 9, 2021 7:11 PM in response to TominTexas

TominTexas Said:

"Removing things from the dock: How do I remove things from the dock? In the past I just dragged them off and they went *poof*. Now the item snaps back into the dock. I'm using OS 11.2.2 on a MacBook Pro. --Tom in Texas"

-------

What to Do:

Close the Application:

What you need to do is close the application. Once closed, drag it to the Trash. It should be gone.

So, Close the Application:

Use Force Quit to see what is open.

1. Go To: Apple menu
  2. Select: Force Quit...
  3. View: Items
  4. Switch to: an Application, save what need be, and then drag it to the Trash

Removing things from the dock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.