Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Experiencing battery drain on Apple Watch after update

So, this week Apple rolled out watchOS 7.3.2. Before I never had any battery drain issues. But since updating from watchOS 7.3.1 watchOS 7.3.2 I experience a battery drain. Is there a solution for this?

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 7

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 11:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 12:07 PM

After any IOS or OS update I find that a few forced restarts both your iPhone and your watch are needed.

First try force restarting your iPhone by whatever method your version calls for.  As soon as you see the Apple logo force restart your watch by holding in the crown and side button for 10 seconds till you see the Apple logo then release.  Log into your iPhone and wait for your watch to boot, then log into it.

Failing that I'd try unpairing the watch from your iPhone then pairing it back setting it up as new.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2021 12:07 PM in response to Lars_H0

After any IOS or OS update I find that a few forced restarts both your iPhone and your watch are needed.

First try force restarting your iPhone by whatever method your version calls for.  As soon as you see the Apple logo force restart your watch by holding in the crown and side button for 10 seconds till you see the Apple logo then release.  Log into your iPhone and wait for your watch to boot, then log into it.

Failing that I'd try unpairing the watch from your iPhone then pairing it back setting it up as new.

Mar 14, 2021 5:07 AM in response to Randy-12

Thanks Randy-12, after doing a hard reset of both my iPhone and Apple Watch and unpairing and then re-pairing the watch, the battery drain problem has been fixed (only lost 6% battery capacity in over 2 hours, whereas prior to fix I was losing 40% in battery capacity in matter of hours).

My iPhone is an Apple X and watch is Series 3 with cellular (running on watchOS 7.3.2). When I unpaired and then repaired the watch I re-instated it from backup rather than set up as new watch.

Experiencing battery drain on Apple Watch after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.