Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlist and song order

Hi. Why is song order on playlists so difficult for iTunes to handle? I can see in my Playlist the order the songs are in, but when it syncs with my iPod, the order changes.

I want to be able to play songs in order they are in on the album for each of the albums in the playlist, yet it somehow keeps reverting to the order they were imported. If i play the albums in alphabetical order, the next sort factor is apparently 'Date Added' NOT 'Track Number', which makes no sense. How do i change the sorting hierarchy? It is massively infuriating that what shows in my PC iTunes isn't what is then transferred to the iPod

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 4:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 2:44 PM

The default order for a playlist is the order in which tracks were added to the list. You can use the Songs view and click column headings to change the order to something you prefer. Album by Artist is generally album friendly. When you have an order you like you can right-click on the playlist in the sidebar and click Copy to Play Order. Syncing should transfer the updated order to iPod.

tt2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2021 2:44 PM in response to jimfuego

The default order for a playlist is the order in which tracks were added to the list. You can use the Songs view and click column headings to change the order to something you prefer. Album by Artist is generally album friendly. When you have an order you like you can right-click on the playlist in the sidebar and click Copy to Play Order. Syncing should transfer the updated order to iPod.

tt2

Playlist and song order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.