Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I share multiple calendar events as one .ics file?

I wish to share multiple calendar events as a file just so that the person I am sharing to is able to open that file and have the calendar events pop up directly on their own calendar. I do not wish to use iCloud sharing as the person might not have an Apple ID or not use iCloud. How should I do this?

I have found that no one (in other threads and discussions) had a proper successful way of doing this, and that Apple doesn't have instructions on how to do this either. Apple only has methods on how to export calendars (all the events in the calendar) and not specific events, which you can find here: Import or export calendars on Mac - Apple Support. Hence, after bumping into this problem myself and following the wrong instructions and ending up having to contact Apple Support to resolve the mess, this is what I have figured out myself as the best way to do this.

Please see answer below (as a reply to this question).

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 6:52 AM

In iCalendar on Mac:

To export selected multiple events as an .ics file.

1. Create a new calendar (in the sidebar on the left) by going to File > New Calendar.

2. Select the events you wish to share. You can do this one at a time, or in bulk – to select in bulk, hold command OR shift while selecting the events.

3. Go to (Edit > Copy) or press (Command C) to copy.

4. Now to paste them into the new calendar. Remember to select the new calendar you created in the sidebar and if you copied them in bulk, press on the FIRST day from which you selected the first event, and paste. For events that are copied one at a time, just remember to press on the same day that they belong to and paste. To paste, go to (Edit > Paste) or press (Command V)

5. To export these events, press on the new calendar in the sidebar and go to (File > Export > Export).

6. Now you can share that file by email, etc.

You're welcome! :)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2021 6:52 AM in response to sushidon

In iCalendar on Mac:

To export selected multiple events as an .ics file.

1. Create a new calendar (in the sidebar on the left) by going to File > New Calendar.

2. Select the events you wish to share. You can do this one at a time, or in bulk – to select in bulk, hold command OR shift while selecting the events.

3. Go to (Edit > Copy) or press (Command C) to copy.

4. Now to paste them into the new calendar. Remember to select the new calendar you created in the sidebar and if you copied them in bulk, press on the FIRST day from which you selected the first event, and paste. For events that are copied one at a time, just remember to press on the same day that they belong to and paste. To paste, go to (Edit > Paste) or press (Command V)

5. To export these events, press on the new calendar in the sidebar and go to (File > Export > Export).

6. Now you can share that file by email, etc.

You're welcome! :)

How do I share multiple calendar events as one .ics file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.