Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur glitch

can someone help me fix the shutdown glitch of my MacBook Pro...

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 1:49 AM

Try the SMC Reset and perform this 3 times in a row - then Test.

If no success, try booting into Safe Mode - Shift - Immediately at Startup. Load slowly - normal. It does a Repair disk, clears cache file and loads Only Apple Software and Fonts. Let it run this way for 5 - 7 minutes and shutdown and observe is Issue its or is not there. If Not - would seem to be some Third Party Software interfering with the Normal Shutdown process

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2021 1:49 AM in response to belen0627

Try the SMC Reset and perform this 3 times in a row - then Test.

If no success, try booting into Safe Mode - Shift - Immediately at Startup. Load slowly - normal. It does a Repair disk, clears cache file and loads Only Apple Software and Fonts. Let it run this way for 5 - 7 minutes and shutdown and observe is Issue its or is not there. If Not - would seem to be some Third Party Software interfering with the Normal Shutdown process

Mar 11, 2021 2:07 AM in response to PRP_53

I tried signing out my Apple ID then I shut down. no red glitch appeared... the I turn on my MacBook again. I sign into my Apple ID then I tried shutting down. good thing, no red screen glitch anymore. hopefully, the red screen glitch won't appear ever. I wonder what has happened last night... I tried pram and cram reset several times last night... it was until today that no problem occurred. thanks for all your replies.

Big Sur glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.