Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add New Contact to Existing Group Text

Both my iPhone and iPad Pro will not allow me to add contacts to existing messages. The “add contact” button is simply not there. I added a new number to an existing contact in the group message, but only one of the two numbers show up. I have upgraded both to current iOS. Please help as I use group text very frequently.

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 8:26 AM

redhead1953 wrote:

Both my iPhone and iPad Pro will not allow me to add contacts to existing messages. The “add contact” button is simply not there. I added a new number to an existing contact in the group message, but only one of the two numbers show up. I have upgraded both to current iOS. Please help as I use group text very frequently.

It has to be a group imessage all Apple device user and the group must consist of 3 or more people in order to add someone.

Read here Send a group text message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2021 8:26 AM in response to redhead1953

redhead1953 wrote:

It has to be a group imessage all Apple device user and the group must consist of 3 or more people in order to add someone.

Read here Send a group text message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Add New Contact to Existing Group Text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.