Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max reflection/lens flare

There is a weird reflections coming on the photo which ruins the photo completely. I asked the support and one said it was a defect on the lens on the phone and when I went to the nearby service centre they said that’s normal behaviour on all iPhones which was so disappointing, can’t shoot any photos at night looking straight at some light. If I knew this I wouldn’t have bought this device since the one and only reason was to invest time in photography on the go. Will it be at least partially fixed by some software update and is the engineers are aware of this issue?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 10:40 AM

There is no 'fix' for it nor is there anything wrong with the camera or lens. What you are seeing is simply internal reflections of the bright points of light on one or more lens element. If you look closely at the shape and position of the reflections they are diagonally opposite and upside-down/backwards of the bright points of light within the frame. The best example is in your top photo with the U shaped reflections. It's something that can happen within any camera lens - large or small. I have demonstrated it here in the past with my Nikon gear. To avoid it either recompose the shot without the bright points of light within the frame or remove them in post with software.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2021 10:40 AM in response to vignesh293

There is no 'fix' for it nor is there anything wrong with the camera or lens. What you are seeing is simply internal reflections of the bright points of light on one or more lens element. If you look closely at the shape and position of the reflections they are diagonally opposite and upside-down/backwards of the bright points of light within the frame. The best example is in your top photo with the U shaped reflections. It's something that can happen within any camera lens - large or small. I have demonstrated it here in the past with my Nikon gear. To avoid it either recompose the shot without the bright points of light within the frame or remove them in post with software.

iPhone 12 Pro Max reflection/lens flare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.