Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Screen Time sharing across multiple devices

Hope someone can help. I am trying to setup screen time for my daughter and something is not working correctly. She has a iPhone, iPad and MacBook Air. I have setup screen time with downtime, app limits and turned on the "share across devices" option in each device. I am not using the "family share" or family group, it is just setup as an individual with each device using the same apple/iCloud account (my daughter's). The downtime and limits seem to be working on each device but the sharing across devices is screwed up.

The iPad can see the screen time data of the MacBook and lists the iPhone as another device associated in the screen time menus but says "as this device is used, screen time will be reported here". So the iPad is not seeing the time used on the iPhone. On the other hand, the iPhone can see the MacBook data but does not see the iPad as a device at all (not listed as other device under screen time). So, the iPad sees the iPhone, but not any time on it & the iPhone does not see the iPad at all.

I have tried disabling, rebooting and re-enabling "shared across devices" on both the iPad and iPhone. But that did not help. It has been running like this for more than a week, so it is not a "need time to sync" issue.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 4:43 PM

You may find these resources to be helpful with setup and troubleshooting:

Apple for Kids - Official Apple Support

1 reply

Problem with Screen Time sharing across multiple devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.