Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Ipad

I lost my ipad which is listed on my phone as a device which is signed in. But it does not show up in the list for Find My ipad. Anyone know how to find the last location of the device without the Find My?

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 2:18 PM

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

Facilities to manage/recover a lost or stolen device are predicated on Find My iPad being enabled on the device before it was lost. Despite your iPad being signed-in to iCloud, indications would suggest that Find My iPad may not have been enabled prior to being misplaced.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2021 2:18 PM in response to tinateena

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

Facilities to manage/recover a lost or stolen device are predicated on Find My iPad being enabled on the device before it was lost. Despite your iPad being signed-in to iCloud, indications would suggest that Find My iPad may not have been enabled prior to being misplaced.

Mar 10, 2021 2:17 PM in response to tinateena

Find My is the only service Apple offers.

Click on the link to read how to "Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device" - https://support.apple.com/HT210515

The ability to find a device depends upon which features you selected in:

Set up Find My on your iPhone, Mac, and other devices - https://support.apple.com/HT210400#enablefindmy

It will only show up in Find My for 24 hours after the last location update.

Lost Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.