Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vertical line of stuck pixels on iPhone 8...

I just purchased a used iPhone 8 and it has a 3/4" line of stuck pixels, as you can see in the picture, above the home button. How do you think this happened, and how likely is this going to get longer? Thanks...

iPhone 8

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 9:17 PM

This is usually a defective screen or too much pressure where the line is.

I saw something similar on an old 5s forgotten in a back pocket / sat on. I recall the line didn't show up until a few days later and ran top to bottom as I was tapping a bit more aggressively (last stage of Plants vs Zombies!)

If a Genius confirms this, Apple charges $149 to replace an 8 screen (in the US).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2021 9:17 PM in response to yymm79

This is usually a defective screen or too much pressure where the line is.

I saw something similar on an old 5s forgotten in a back pocket / sat on. I recall the line didn't show up until a few days later and ran top to bottom as I was tapping a bit more aggressively (last stage of Plants vs Zombies!)

If a Genius confirms this, Apple charges $149 to replace an 8 screen (in the US).

Vertical line of stuck pixels on iPhone 8...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.