You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages links and bookmarks

I am writing a novel. At this point it is broken into several documents primarily by time and place. Each of the documents has its own table of contents and broken up into sections.

My question is this: Can I create a master document that will either allow these docs to be “placed” or into the document or linked together so I can work between sections of the story.

Would the master page be more or less a master table of contents that is essentially list of links or bookmarks, as it were. Would that let me jump from doc to doc (and write/edit) as needed without rearranging the documents themselves?

I know that it can be done in effect by using a browser and an iframe or through an app like Bear, but it would be nice to be able to do that in Pages itself.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 2:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 11:53 PM

Hi Jean,

Sorry to tell you that Pages does not support links between documents.

Regards,

Ian.

2 replies

Pages links and bookmarks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.