Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max camera screen cracked

iphone 12 Pro Max camera screen cracked. The OEM Apple case does not protect the camera lens from damage, its a bad design. The area around camera should extend a little past the lens.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 5:57 AM

6 replies

Apr 5, 2021 3:17 PM in response to ANapple21

Honestly....if you were worried about the exposure on the Apple case you probably should have listened to your instinct and found a different case that made you feel more protected. Some cases have a slight lip around the camera cutout (which only slightly protects because if you drop your phone on anything other than a flat surface or it hits the corner of something a lip won’t matter). I have also seen cases that have the option of an insert that covers the lenses. I have a simple Otterbox Symmetry case that has a little lip around the camera cutout. I also use a Nomad folio case (not much of a lip or anything...or it’s super slight). These are the same types of cases I have used on my last few iPhones. I’m not very accident prone with my phones though...rarely drop them and don’t carry them in my hand in more “dangerous” environments if not necessary so my not ever having cracked a screen or the lenses may be a combination of using a case, being unconsciously more careful, and “luck” but I also buy AppleCare+ just in case anything does ever happen. But generally I’ve never felt like Apples cases were all that protective compared to others out there. I always saw them as more aesthetically appealing than truly protective. Some people prefer their cases to not add any bulk which unfortunately would have to happen in order to truly protect the camera area. At any rate....if you don’t have AppleCare+ or insurance through your carrier then your only option would be to pay to have the camera repaired if it can be or have the phone replaced via the out of warranty option. Not something anyone would want to hear but it is what it is.

Apr 27, 2021 8:08 AM in response to ANapple21

Did you find any resolve? I believe one of mine is cracked as well and I don't even know how it happened. I never noticed the case I purchased instore is the same height as the lens. Now I see this, it makes sense. Did apple do anything for you? My phone is only 2 weeks old. I have verizons best plan and it doesn't even cover it.

May 12, 2021 2:05 PM in response to ANapple21

The same thing happened to my iPhone 12 Pro. I didn’t drop it, it was in my pocket and when I pulled it out the pressure from my finger tip popped it. Must have been a pressure point or something. What’s disturbing is the **** cost to fix it from apple $599 half of the phone cost. I have owned every iPhone from the original one to now and never experienced a broken camera lens. By the posts in this forum and on the web it seems apple has a design flaw but refuses to recognize it. There’s already YouTube videos on how to fix it. A crappy $1200 phone now.

iPhone 12 Pro Max camera screen cracked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.