Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iPhone 12; What to do next?

It's been more than 24 hours since my iPhone 12 was stolen, and during this period, this phone is in 'Lost Mode' and I've been receiving "Your iPhone has been found" emails about its possible locations. Well, the finder never calls apparently, and at this time, I don't think I'll ever see it again. What should I do next? Should I call Apple and have it mark as a 'blacklisted' phone?

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 5:51 PM

Apple can't blacklist a phone, that's done by your carrier/provider.

Be careful about emails, those could be from the thieves trying to get your log-in information.

Click on the link and read it to find out what to do "If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen" and the various options of things you can do --> https://support.apple.com/HT201472

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2021 5:51 PM in response to LoggieSquare

Apple can't blacklist a phone, that's done by your carrier/provider.

Be careful about emails, those could be from the thieves trying to get your log-in information.

Click on the link and read it to find out what to do "If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen" and the various options of things you can do --> https://support.apple.com/HT201472

Mar 11, 2021 6:08 PM in response to LoggieSquare

Erasing the phone does not remove Activation Lock. However, removing the phone from your account does. So ignore those messages, which are scams to get you to provide the thief with your Apple ID and password, and never remove the phone from your account. The phone will be unusable that way.

You can also contact your carrier and have them blacklist the IMEI.

Mar 11, 2021 6:25 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thank you so much for your advice. That's very helpful.

Based on what you said, I think I should do these three things to protect my data and to make sure that the phone is unusable - 1. Erase phone remotely; 2. Keep the phone on my Apple ID account permanently; 3. Call my carrier and have it blacklist the phone.

Then all they can do is to sell the phone for parts. Poor iPhone - getting dismantled.

Stolen iPhone 12; What to do next?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.