Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal Hotspot

How do I get other devices to notice my Iphone hotspot immediately? I used Andriod phone before, it’s almost instantly for other devices to pickup the hotspot once I turned it on. Now, I need to turn off & on WiFi setting couples of times at myWindow laptop for it to recognise the hotspot.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 11:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 11:59 PM

Use these steps first

Restart the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot and the other device that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS. On the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Reset Network Settings.

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi

The Hotspot is a carrier-specific feature. Contact your carrier, if it is not appearing on your device.

Meanwhile..

Check the following

1. Network coverage and stability
  2. Data Balance
  3. On your windows (See if WiFi Auto Joins is enabled)
  4. Also, check if you have any stronger WiFi signal around your computer.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2021 11:59 PM in response to nordinrz

Use these steps first

Restart the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot and the other device that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS. On the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Reset Network Settings.

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi

The Hotspot is a carrier-specific feature. Contact your carrier, if it is not appearing on your device.

Meanwhile..

Check the following

1. Network coverage and stability
  2. Data Balance
  3. On your windows (See if WiFi Auto Joins is enabled)
  4. Also, check if you have any stronger WiFi signal around your computer.

Personal Hotspot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.