Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

You have to select apple mail if you want the mail application coming up when using the share icon, you should be able to change this to your preferred mail application.

Apple should look into this problem, i.e. I use Bumpr or Newton mail as my preferred mail, but when it comes to sharing you can only email if apple mail is selected as the preferred mail.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 6:19 AM

As far as I can tell, it is not that Apple forbids this.

Each application needs to have the proper extension to appear as a destination for Share. So it is up to the developers to offer support for this feature. For example, Microsoft OneNote supports this, but Outlook does not.

5 replies

You have to select apple mail if you want the mail application coming up when using the share icon, you should be able to change this to your preferred mail application.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.