Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recognizing which line an incoming call is on

I've seen that hundreds of people have the same question, but no indication that there is an answer or that Apple is doing anything about it.

My iPhone now has 2 lines - personal and business. I need to be able to look at the display when the phone rings to see which line the incoming call is on.

How can I do this, and if it's not possible, how can Apple have gone so long without offering this obviously useful feature?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 12:58 PM

I do have a dual SIM mobile (one physical and one eSIM) so that my personal line and my business line both ring on my only iPhone. When a call comes through, I don't see an indicator of which of my two numbers they are calling on, which I need to know while it's ringing.

3 replies

Mar 12, 2021 8:35 AM in response to RandomizerTX

RandomizerTX wrote:

I've seen that hundreds of people have the same question, but no indication that there is an answer or that Apple is doing anything about it.

Your question gives me an indication that you do not have a dual SIM mobile and your query is based on other posts.

When you receive a call look for the A and B Symbol (Indication Voice Data Label A & B) next to the call. Watch the GIF below.

Recognizing which line an incoming call is on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.