Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I leave the iOS 14 beta without having to restore my iPhone again?

I’ve had enough of the inconsistencies, I just want my phone to work properly. How do I leave the iOS 14 beta without having to restore my phone again? Surely there’s a way to just be rid of it once and for all

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 9:03 AM

Click here to Learn ➔ How to uninstall iOS beta software - Apple Support

Note that this will go through the restore process that you do not want to do. Yes, it is time consuming.

The easiest way to remove the beta is to delete the beta profile, then wait for the next software update. Here's what to do: 

1. Go to Settings > General, and tap Profiles & Device Management.
  2. Tap the iOS Beta Software Profile.
  3. Tap Remove Profile, then restart your device.

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2021 9:03 AM in response to jprov

Click here to Learn ➔ How to uninstall iOS beta software - Apple Support

Note that this will go through the restore process that you do not want to do. Yes, it is time consuming.

The easiest way to remove the beta is to delete the beta profile, then wait for the next software update. Here's what to do: 

1. Go to Settings > General, and tap Profiles & Device Management.
  2. Tap the iOS Beta Software Profile.
  3. Tap Remove Profile, then restart your device.

Axel F.

Mar 12, 2021 9:16 AM in response to jprov

The one and only way to go back directly to the public stable release involves restoring the device, which erases it. Otherwise, as mentioned, remove the beta profile and just wait, for however long, until the stable release of the beta version you currently have gets released.

Expecting a beta version of any software to not have issues is unrealistic. It’s a beta release specifically because it does have issues, and those need to be identified by users and reported so Apple engineers can fix them.

How do I leave the iOS 14 beta without having to restore my iPhone again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.