Related Article: Protecting Security Information

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone is acting like an android why ????

My phone is acting like an android ! Why ?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 9:42 AM

look I’m not tech savvy by no means but Siri stopped working , my Face ID deactivated itself, and all my internet comments and questions refer to my phone as an android .

4 replies

Mar 12, 2021 9:52 AM in response to freida131

Was this always an issue or did it just start happening? If it just started did you update the iOS version on this phone recently?

Regardless, let's start with a few simple things to see if it helps. Try each step below, in order. Stop at any step that resolves the problems that you are having with your phone:

1. Simply restart your phone. Ref: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support
  2. Perform a "forced" restart. Ref: Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  3. Perform a "Reset All Settings" reset: Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings
  4. Reset your iOS device to its factory default settings: Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings (Note: The following will erase all of your data and media and resets all of the iOS device's settings. You will need to restore it from a previous backup from either iTunes or iCloud.)
  5. Make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or take it to an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

My phone is acting like an android why ????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.