Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing

How does it work? My son somehow is the organizer and I'm the parent/guardian. What can he do and what can i do? I want to be able to control what he sees and does on his phone. It's that possible via family sharing? If so, do i need to change his status? He's 13.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 10:39 AM

To "fix" this, the current family group needs to be disbanded (by your son) and then you need to start a new family group with you as the organizer. Once you become the Family Organizer you should be able to turn on Ask to Buy and other restrictions for your son's account. These articles should help:

Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2021 10:39 AM in response to keoni1230

To "fix" this, the current family group needs to be disbanded (by your son) and then you need to start a new family group with you as the organizer. Once you become the Family Organizer you should be able to turn on Ask to Buy and other restrictions for your son's account. These articles should help:

Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.