Related Article: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’ve logged on to my account using my Apple ID and it worked, so is this a bogus email?

I received an email stating that my Apple ID has been locked for security reasons. If I do not respond within 12 hours of the email my Apple ID will be suspended and I will no longer be able to access.

i immediately went to my Apple ID sign in and it was fine also tried the cloud and it was fine. Was this a bogus email sent to try to look like apple? Anyone else have this problem? Should I contact apple about it? If so what number should I call them on? Thanks so much for your help and guidance.

iPhone 7

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 11:50 AM

It is a scam. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

That has information about reporting the email to Apple if you want to do that.

3 replies

Mar 12, 2021 12:03 PM in response to FoxFifth

Thanks for the quick response. When I went back to my emails to forward it , the email was gone. It’s crazy. Don’t know where it went. I’m going to keep my eye on it though just in case something is up. If I change my password, will it be changed for everything or do I have to go individually to each thing to change it like iCloud, App Store, iTunes etc . Thanks Janet

I’ve logged on to my account using my Apple ID and it worked, so is this a bogus email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.