Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 7th Gen. screen exploded while charging.

I brought my son a 7th Generation Ipad last year October. A week later it didnt charge we took it in to the Apple store and they replaced it. 2 nights ago I put it on charge and the whole screen exploded like someone had smashed it but the glass has a massive bubble in it cutting my hand when I went to grab it off charge. Has anyone else's Ipad had this happen? 😫

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 12:12 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 15, 2021 8:54 PM in response to Selah_x

There is nothing to be done and certainly nothing more I can do.

If you think your local Apple Store treated you unfairly, you could always try your luck with direct Apple support employees by contacting Apple support via the “Get Support” link located at the upper right hand corner of every Webpage of these Apple support communities

OR

Call contact Apple direct using the link below.

Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

AND/OR

by installing and using the Apple Support app found in the iOS App Store.

Tap the iOS App Store link below.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Mar 12, 2021 12:26 PM in response to Selah_x

You need to call contact your nearest, “local” Apple Store location to try/attempt to make an appointment to get that Apple iPad replaced again.

I have never seen or heard of this happening in a fairly new iPad.

Bring it back. Bring the Apple power/charging block with it, also.

Something catastrophic happened with that iPad.

Lucky it did not cause a fire.

I hope this gets resolved in your favour.

Best of Luck to You!

Mar 15, 2021 8:44 PM in response to MichelPM

I took it to the Apple store and explained everything, they took one look at me and said sorry this is accidental damage - we did something to the ipad prior to the day it 'blew up'. They don't have an option of ipad blowing up in their system and because it doesn't smell like 'fire' even though it has been a week since it happened.

iPad 7th Gen. screen exploded while charging.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.