You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Florida which Emergency service exactly does iPhone call during SOS.

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 3:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 4:30 PM

I assume you got here from the article about using the feature. Other than the info it provides I’m not sure any of us will be able to give you the specifics you want. In almost every part of Florida emergency services is 911 and the dispatcher will send out what they feel is appropriate (police, EMT, etc). Not sure if a text is sent although if you have emergency contacts saved on your phone they will receive a text when you use the feature and if I’m not mistaken it will provide the location you are in if you have location services on. Also, if I’m not mistaken if you activate the service but can’t actually speak to the dispatch they will get info in your location and will likely have police, fire, and EMT come just as they would if you called 911 directly but could not speak (happens often with domestic violence calls or even home invasion calls where the caller is hiding and can’t speak). If you need more assurance I suggest calling Apple Support for more clarity.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 12, 2021 4:30 PM in response to BillCar

I assume you got here from the article about using the feature. Other than the info it provides I’m not sure any of us will be able to give you the specifics you want. In almost every part of Florida emergency services is 911 and the dispatcher will send out what they feel is appropriate (police, EMT, etc). Not sure if a text is sent although if you have emergency contacts saved on your phone they will receive a text when you use the feature and if I’m not mistaken it will provide the location you are in if you have location services on. Also, if I’m not mistaken if you activate the service but can’t actually speak to the dispatch they will get info in your location and will likely have police, fire, and EMT come just as they would if you called 911 directly but could not speak (happens often with domestic violence calls or even home invasion calls where the caller is hiding and can’t speak). If you need more assurance I suggest calling Apple Support for more clarity.

Mar 12, 2021 4:18 PM in response to QuickTimeKirk

Thanks but that is my question, what local services? To put a fine point on it does it call 911? Police department? Fire Department? Ambulance service? Does it send a text message? Location? Does it send voice message? If so what is it?

or does it simply dial 911 and expect the phone holder to talk to 911?

Truly thanks for your response. I appreciate it but it doesn’t provide the information I want.

Mar 12, 2021 4:19 PM in response to QuickTimeKirk

Thanks but that is my question, what local services? To put a fine point on it does it call 911? Police department? Fire Department? Ambulance service? Does it send a text message? Location? Does it send voice message? If so what is it?

or does it simply dial 911 and expect the phone holder to talk to 911?

Truly thanks for your response. I appreciate it but it doesn’t provide the information I want.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.