Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I purchase a used Apple Watch from someone using theirs on a different provider?

Can I purchase a used Apple Watch from someone using there’s on a different provider than I use? I have been getting different answers.

Thank you

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 11:02 AM

Yes you can an apple watch isn't locked to a network provider like an iphone might be,the only thing is that if it is the cellular version of the watch then it must be with the same provider as it's paired phone.

And before you purchase ask the seller to follow all these steps in order for you to use the watch;

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else – Apple Support

and this is why;

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2021 11:02 AM in response to Judy1207

Yes you can an apple watch isn't locked to a network provider like an iphone might be,the only thing is that if it is the cellular version of the watch then it must be with the same provider as it's paired phone.

And before you purchase ask the seller to follow all these steps in order for you to use the watch;

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else – Apple Support

and this is why;

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Can I purchase a used Apple Watch from someone using theirs on a different provider?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.