Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got my son’s HomePod (used) and it’s not connecting to the wifi

How to connect a used HomePod to a new wifi

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 3:38 PM

• It should connect to the same wifi the iOS device you used for set up. HomePod uses the Wi-Fi network that your iOS or iPadOS device is connected to. 

Set up and use HomePod

Check that two-factor authentication is turned on for your Apple ID and iCloud Keychain is turned on

• To check if two-factor authentication is turned on, go to Settings > [Your Name] > Password & Security. If two-factor authentication isn't set up, select the option to enable it and follow the steps.
  • To check if iCloud Keychain is turned on, go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud. Scroll down and check that Keychain is on. If it isn't, tap Keychain and turn it on. If prompted, follow the steps to set up iCloud Keychain.

Please also see this: if you can't set up HomePod.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2021 3:38 PM in response to TiberiusCurtis69$

• It should connect to the same wifi the iOS device you used for set up. HomePod uses the Wi-Fi network that your iOS or iPadOS device is connected to. 

Set up and use HomePod

Check that two-factor authentication is turned on for your Apple ID and iCloud Keychain is turned on

• To check if two-factor authentication is turned on, go to Settings > [Your Name] > Password & Security. If two-factor authentication isn't set up, select the option to enable it and follow the steps.
  • To check if iCloud Keychain is turned on, go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud. Scroll down and check that Keychain is on. If it isn't, tap Keychain and turn it on. If prompted, follow the steps to set up iCloud Keychain.

Please also see this: if you can't set up HomePod.

I got my son’s HomePod (used) and it’s not connecting to the wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.