Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I get split screen to work on my ipad pro 9.7”?

I have tried numerous times to get 2 apps to sho up in split screen. But it doesn’t work. I have an ipad Pro 9.7” and it won’t put 2 apps in equal halves of the screen. One app is always at least ⅔ of the screen while the other app is only ⅓ of the screen. I’ve tried to pull the edge of the ⅓ screen to move to ½ of the screen but nothing happens. There isn’t any place on the ⅓ screen to resize the screen on that app.

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 7:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 7:53 PM

How to adjust Split View:

• To give the apps equal space on the screen, drag the app divider to the center of the screen.
  • To turn a Split View into a Slide Over, swipe down from the top of the app.
  • To close Split View, drag the app divider over the app that you want to close.

Learn how to use Split View in Safari to see two websites at the same time on your iPad.

See this link for more details about using Multitasking on iPad --> Use Multitasking on your iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2021 7:53 PM in response to cricket34

How to adjust Split View:

• To give the apps equal space on the screen, drag the app divider to the center of the screen.
  • To turn a Split View into a Slide Over, swipe down from the top of the app.
  • To close Split View, drag the app divider over the app that you want to close.

Learn how to use Split View in Safari to see two websites at the same time on your iPad.

See this link for more details about using Multitasking on iPad --> Use Multitasking on your iPad - Apple Support

Why can’t I get split screen to work on my ipad pro 9.7”?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.