Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought iCloud storage but it’s still saying my iPad storage is full

I just bought 50g of iCloud storage and it’s still saying my iPad storage is full, is iPad storage and iCloud storage different? If so how can I get more storage for my iPad?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 7:46 PM

That's right. Buying iCloud storage does NOT increase the physical space on any iOS device. There is no way to add memory to an iPad/iPhone because the amount of memory it came with the day you bought it was fixed.

iCloud Storage permits you to sync more data with the cloud. If you need more space on your iPad, you'll need to delete things you don't need or use, such as apps, photos, messages, email, music, video, etc.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2021 7:46 PM in response to Mmriccitelli

That's right. Buying iCloud storage does NOT increase the physical space on any iOS device. There is no way to add memory to an iPad/iPhone because the amount of memory it came with the day you bought it was fixed.

iCloud Storage permits you to sync more data with the cloud. If you need more space on your iPad, you'll need to delete things you don't need or use, such as apps, photos, messages, email, music, video, etc.

Mar 13, 2021 8:42 PM in response to Mmriccitelli

Which iPad do you have? How many Gigs of storage do you have on your IPad?

If you’re not sure, Go to settings—>then click on your name at the top. Scroll down and you will see a list of Apple devices. Click on the iPad and note the model and how much storage.

Then go back and click on iCloud—>manage storage

What is taking up the most space? Then we can take it from there.

I bought iCloud storage but it’s still saying my iPad storage is full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.