Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone doesn't work when using it to record audio in apps like Viber and Messenger

Hello,

I have a strange problem. I recently purchased iPhone 8 and everything works. When I call someone it's all good. But when I try to record audio via messenger, viber, whatsapp the microphone doesn't seem to work. Also when I call someone via Messenger I can't hear anything and the other person doesn't hear anything too. I went into settings and tweaked everything I could, I allowed the microphone, i turned on Screen Time and allowed changes in the microphone. I deleted the apps and installed them again. Nothing seems to be working. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Regards

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 11:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 12:09 AM

Viber Messenger: Chats & Calls is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or Viber Support

2 replies

Microphone doesn't work when using it to record audio in apps like Viber and Messenger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.