Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t send emails. Contacted my email service provider on 2 occasions and replaced my email app.Email providers Webb site and send / receive works properly.

What should the email settings be for incoming mail on my devices?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 9:29 AM

If you can successfully receive but not send email, you have a problem with your SMTP Server settings. Your email provider should be able to provide the settings that you need. Provider usually have a webpage or support document that lists the settings.

6 replies

Mar 14, 2021 10:32 AM in response to Fixitrt

Clearly send and receiving email via a web-portal does not require the correct configuration of your local Mail client.

If your email provider cannot provide adequate technical support, you must either locate the required information, experiment with your SMTP server settings, or (perhaps) chose an email provider with more competent technical support staff.

Given variations between email providers, it is impossible to give definitive guidance. However, many providers will use SSL on Port 465 with Password Authentication. You will obviously need to know the specific SMTP server name and your email account credentials.

Have you actually tried a simple Google search for your email providers email settings?

Can’t send emails. Contacted my email service provider on 2 occasions and replaced my email app.Email providers Webb site and send / receive works properly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.