Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing ITunes duplicate

Does anyone know software that can remove duplicate files in my Itune library?

Most other available like CCcleaser free version does not erase the files themselves, you need to buy the product

Thank you.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 10:56 AM

windaffair Said:

"Removing ITunes duplicate: Does anyone know software that can remove duplicate files in my Itune library? Most other available like CCcleaser free version does not erase the files themselves, you need to buy the product Thank you."

-------

Use Sort in List View:

See if you can view these in list view. Next, sort them by the date added. If all were duplicated at the same time, then they should show up as one group of items by date. So, you would then drag-and-drop them to the Trash, and then empty the Trash. All should be good from there.

Important:

Backup your Windows PC: So that nothing is lost, backup your Windows PC, and then proceed from there, with the above. Fro info on backing up, contact Microsoft, as they are the developer of it. Go here: Contact Us - Virtual Agent - Microsoft Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2021 10:56 AM in response to windaffair

windaffair Said:

"Removing ITunes duplicate: Does anyone know software that can remove duplicate files in my Itune library? Most other available like CCcleaser free version does not erase the files themselves, you need to buy the product Thank you."

-------

Use Sort in List View:

See if you can view these in list view. Next, sort them by the date added. If all were duplicated at the same time, then they should show up as one group of items by date. So, you would then drag-and-drop them to the Trash, and then empty the Trash. All should be good from there.

Important:

Backup your Windows PC: So that nothing is lost, backup your Windows PC, and then proceed from there, with the above. Fro info on backing up, contact Microsoft, as they are the developer of it. Go here: Contact Us - Virtual Agent - Microsoft Support

Removing ITunes duplicate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.