Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Epson V500 Photo Scanner

Is there a driver that works with Epson's V500 Photo scanner on Mac OS Big Sur?

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 11:43 AM

Epson released an Image Capture (ICA) compatible driver for the V500 in Jan 2021. If you have already downloaded and installed this v5.8.9 driver, and you still cannot scan, that is an issue.

The paid VueScan Professional scanner software expects a functional Epson v500 scanner driver installed before it will support this device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2021 11:43 AM in response to EmersonMoi

Epson released an Image Capture (ICA) compatible driver for the V500 in Jan 2021. If you have already downloaded and installed this v5.8.9 driver, and you still cannot scan, that is an issue.

The paid VueScan Professional scanner software expects a functional Epson v500 scanner driver installed before it will support this device.

Apr 11, 2021 12:46 PM in response to EmersonMoi

I have an Epson V500 which is having issues, I am running Big Sur as well.

I have downloaded the latest driver, listed.

Epson Easy Photo Scan will work but cannot adjust any of the settings, only the highest resolution in color.

When I go through settings, printers & scanners, I can click on "Open Scanner" and will have basic adjustments and can scan.

Image Capture does not work, I get an orange flashing light, then Failed to Open Connection to Device Error -21345. I do hear the scanner making noises likes its going to work, then the flashing light.

Any Suggestions?

Epson V500 Photo Scanner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.