Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac os upgrade

How do I upgrade from High Sierra 10.13.6 to Mojave 10.14?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 12:32 PM

12 replies

Mar 15, 2021 1:34 PM in response to A3Jockey

I just posted that I was able to upgrade from macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 to macOS Mojave 10.14.6 with Apple support.

I have a Mac Pro mid 2010 5,1 and I had recently upgraded the Graphics card to a Metal Capable GPU. You must have a Metal Capable Graphics Card. I had to shop around but I found one on eshop.macsales.com

It was pricey but if I didn't I wouldn't have been able to upgrade. Check to see if you already have a Metal Capable GPU. Google or YouTube how to check.

Before you replace your current GPU, use Time Machine and any other Software to Backup your current OS.

Also Back Up your Apps especially Logic Pro X, Final Cut Pro X, Plugins, and any other special Apps that you have. Backup Photos, files, audio files, documents, etc. Backup anything that is important. I backed up to external Hard Drives and I used Carbon Copy Cloner to Backup my macOS High Sierra.

After all that, it took several attempts to through the Apple App Store to download and Install macOS Mojave but it did complete.

And then I had to upgrade my Logic Pro X and Final Cut Pro X by going to the Applications folder, deleting the current Logic Pro X Application. Then I went to the App Store 1st page (Discover) and downloaded Logic Pro X which upgraded to the latest version that I could download with Mojave. Same for Final Cut Pro X.

It was a lot of work but it was worth it. I called Apple Support, I got a Call back and one of their awesome people helped me through it. I'm sure that they would help you too.

Hope that this helps.

mac os upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.