Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to get back all content?

Lost everything due to Ransomeware. Changed I’d and bought new everything. Is there anyway to get back all content. Lost so much. Hesitate on buying apps etc

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 12:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 12:14 AM

Hi Cupcakecontrrpl,

Unfortunately, most likely not. Ransomware encrypts all your files, and it would take millions of years to decrypt the data/content.

However, this is terrible, I am going to include some tips to protect yourself in the future.

Notes:

• NEVER EVER download anything in a pop-up, ad, or anything claiming to be Apple or a company in any form.
  • ONLY download apps, and even material, such as a PDF, from sources you trust.
  • If you have any doubt about something, do not get it.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Cheers,

Jack

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2021 12:14 AM in response to Cupcakecontrrpl

Hi Cupcakecontrrpl,

Unfortunately, most likely not. Ransomware encrypts all your files, and it would take millions of years to decrypt the data/content.

However, this is terrible, I am going to include some tips to protect yourself in the future.

Notes:

• NEVER EVER download anything in a pop-up, ad, or anything claiming to be Apple or a company in any form.
  • ONLY download apps, and even material, such as a PDF, from sources you trust.
  • If you have any doubt about something, do not get it.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Cheers,

Jack

Is there a way to get back all content?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.