Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 6: If you set your hiking goal to an hour, do you still have to walk 3.3 mph to get an hour credit on the exercise ring?

Yesterday, I was hiking hills so steep that the watch gave me credit for 7 flights of stairs. If you are hiking in the mountains and you set your hiking goal via (...) to an hour, do you have to hike 3.3 mph to get an hour credit on the exercise ring? If the answer is yes then can Apple change this or should I just set the exercise goal to 5 minutes per day, leave the (hiking goal set to OPEN) and still hike the hour? Surely steep hillsides and backpack weight should be taken into consideration. Don't you burn more calories walking on steep inclines carrying more weight even if you are walking less than 3.3 mph?

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 12:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 2:34 AM

Your first question is yes.

You could use the "Other" workout but this only measures time and calories burnt.

And you should edit your health details to take into account the extra weight you are carrying.

And any suggestions can be made here;

https://www.apple.com/feedback/watch.html

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Watch series 6: If you set your hiking goal to an hour, do you still have to walk 3.3 mph to get an hour credit on the exercise ring?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.