Apple Intelligence is now available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac!

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recieved voice mail saying it was apple support telling me do not turn on any of my apple devices to get support or press 1 to connect

recieved voice mail saying it was apple support telling me do not turn on any of my apple devices to get support or press 1 to connect to agent.

this was my wife phone and it was setup with a yahoo email account.

any suggestions to cure this ?

iPhone XR

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 5:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 5:54 AM

This is a scam. DO NOT follow any such instructions - you will be connected to a phone service with an outrageous cost.

All unsolicited phone calls, emails, messages or pop-ups saying that you have a virus, your account is compromised, or you need to contact Support are scams.

Unfortunately there's no easy way to stop these things happening. Some phone services have blocking facilities though these will have a limited effect.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 15, 2021 5:54 AM in response to azdavid12

This is a scam. DO NOT follow any such instructions - you will be connected to a phone service with an outrageous cost.

All unsolicited phone calls, emails, messages or pop-ups saying that you have a virus, your account is compromised, or you need to contact Support are scams.

Unfortunately there's no easy way to stop these things happening. Some phone services have blocking facilities though these will have a limited effect.

recieved voice mail saying it was apple support telling me do not turn on any of my apple devices to get support or press 1 to connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.