Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why 2017 Macbook Pro is not included in "13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program"??

My 13-inch Macbook Pro 2017 has exactly the same issue as described in this repair program below. I don't understand why 2016 devices are included and not 2017? This is not fair, Apple has the responsibility to explain why that is.

https://support.apple.com/13-inch-macbook-pro-display-backlight-service

MacBook

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 6:39 AM

My 13-inch Macbook Pro 2017 has exactly the same issue as described in this repair program below. I don't understand why 2016 devices are included and not 2017? This is not fair, Apple has the responsibility to explain why that is.

https://support.apple.com/13-inch-macbook-pro-display-backlight-service

Similar questions

8 replies

Mar 15, 2021 10:55 AM in response to higalex

Sorry, higalex, Apple does not respond/ reply or post here.. this is a Mac user-to-user forum only, we are just Mac users here same as you. If you have a question as to why your 13 inch MacBook pro 2017 was not included in the backlight service program, but 2016 devices are, your best bet for an answer would be to reach out to Apple, Inc. or Apple support via their phone numbers or email addresses. I think with that Service Program you have to type in your model number and serial number , press enter and see if you qualify or not

john b

john b

Mar 24, 2021 7:02 PM in response to higalex

I have this same issue and it’s ridiculous that Apple doesn’t offer any repair for the 2017 models affected by this issue. I talked to Apple support on the phone and went into my local Apple store, they both told me that there’s nothing they can do to help me. I feel cheated by Apple and this make me question ever buying another MacBook.

May 27, 2021 12:20 PM in response to Allan Jones

I have submitted feedback using your link, thank you. I have the same problem but screen is totally black. I have been quoted £607 for the replacement display assembly part., plus fitting, plus VAT - and I was charged £84 for the diagnosis. Being fobbed off by Apple support and the authorised seller John Lewis is insisting that Apple have to admit, in writing on my diagnostic report, to an inherent fault before they will consider my issue under UK consumer law. I will keep going on this as it’s already had a replacement keyboard under warranty. Clearly a defective product.

Why 2017 Macbook Pro is not included in "13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program"??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.