Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook screen

My screen suddenly looks like this. Did anyone have the same problem 😭

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 12:42 PM

This could be a number of issues that, typically relate to failing hardware. In this case it could be the display itself, the video cable between the logic board, the GPU or something else on that logic board.

If you are not able to get to a "normal" screen image, even after restarting your notebook, I suggest that you try the following before paying a visit to your local Apple Store Genius Bar, and that is, resetting the notebook's SMC.

Ref: How to reset the SMC on your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2021 12:42 PM in response to suziezie

This could be a number of issues that, typically relate to failing hardware. In this case it could be the display itself, the video cable between the logic board, the GPU or something else on that logic board.

If you are not able to get to a "normal" screen image, even after restarting your notebook, I suggest that you try the following before paying a visit to your local Apple Store Genius Bar, and that is, resetting the notebook's SMC.

Ref: How to reset the SMC on your Mac - Apple Support

my macbook screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.