Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to delete photos from a folder? I've got photos in Albums

I've got photos in Albums & Folders but want to know if I can just delete them entirely from a Folder?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 1:58 PM

Hi

In Catalina - you can only have albums in a folder. You can select all the albums and delete the folders, but that doesn't delete the images.

However, you can select all photos inside all of the complete folder tree with ⌘A and make a new album with all those photos from file>new album from selection (or CMD-N). From this album, you can delete all the images.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2021 1:58 PM in response to TERRI NEBY

Hi

In Catalina - you can only have albums in a folder. You can select all the albums and delete the folders, but that doesn't delete the images.

However, you can select all photos inside all of the complete folder tree with ⌘A and make a new album with all those photos from file>new album from selection (or CMD-N). From this album, you can delete all the images.

Apr 3, 2021 7:45 AM in response to TERRI NEBY

I have software called "Duplicate Cleaner for iPhone". It find duplicate photo's, creates an Album in "Photo's" called "Duplicate Marked Photos".

Unfortunately it was not possibles to DELETE pictures from this album, only REMOVE from that album.

They need to be deleted from the Library.

I found a way of working around that by selecting the pictures, INFO, and ad a Keyword to them.

In the Library I can search on keyword, and from there I can delete them!

maybe this is useful to someone?

Is there a way to delete photos from a folder? I've got photos in Albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.