Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad has a black screen, won’t charge, turn on, or reset

I have an iPad Air that I have had for a number of years now (since about 2015) and I recently just went to use it after not using it for a while only to find it wouldn’t turn on. I tried to charge it but nothing happens when I plug it in, it just stays on the blank black screen. I then tried to reset it by pressing and holding the home button and the top button together, but that didn’t work either (I have tried a bunch of times holding those two buttons down for about a minute each time with no luck).

At this point, I’m not sure what else I can do. Nothing I do now seems to work. Does anyone know any tricks to get my iPad back up and running?

Thanks.

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 1:50 PM

If it has been sometime since you used this device and it wasn't charged, it is possible the battery is no longer capable of charing. See this, If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

Then you can also see this, If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

1 reply

iPad has a black screen, won’t charge, turn on, or reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.