Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how would I be able to transfer the information on my iCloud to an external hard drive?

how would I be able to transfer the information on my iCloud to an external hard drive?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 3:02 AM

See the article Other ways to back up and restore files - Apple Support

Cloud-based services don't require you to connect an external hard drive to your Mac. For example, iCloudcan automatically store your photoscalendarscontactsnotespasswords, and more. And it includes iCloud Drive, which can store documents, desktop files, and other files of your choosing. To access those files, you just need to be signed in to iCloud. Other cloud-based services are available from third parties.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2021 3:02 AM in response to boBaxter

See the article Other ways to back up and restore files - Apple Support

Cloud-based services don't require you to connect an external hard drive to your Mac. For example, iCloudcan automatically store your photoscalendarscontactsnotespasswords, and more. And it includes iCloud Drive, which can store documents, desktop files, and other files of your choosing. To access those files, you just need to be signed in to iCloud. Other cloud-based services are available from third parties.

Apr 11, 2021 8:44 AM in response to KrisWrt

When iCloud Drive and desktops and documents box is turned as on syncing starts , you create a file in finder location same is mirrored in iCloud.com .

You can connect an external hard drive to Mac and drag drop the files into it Use external storage devices with Mac - Apple Support

But can't transfer files directly from iCloud.com to external hard drive also iCloud.com is secured for an account holder , and the feature is prohibited as designed by apple engineers , I am member in this community and not apple representative or such .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.