Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an issue with my calendar. all of sudden the unrecognized events appear on my calendar. then events subject is “viruses founded”

I have an issue with my calendar. all of sudden the unrecognized events appear on my calendar. then events subject is “viruses founded”

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 6:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 7:03 PM

Select Calendars as highlighted below:

Scroll down. Look for subscribed calendars at the bottom of the list of calendars. If you see one unrecognized, remove it. The Other section at the bottom can have a holidays calendar, a birthdays calendar, and a Siri suggestions calendar. Those are normal.

If you see a calendar you don’t recognize but aren’t sure, post it.

The other cause of these can be calendar invites, but those don’t get added to the calendar in the same way. Which implies there’s (still) a spam calendar lurking here.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2021 7:03 PM in response to sopo12

Select Calendars as highlighted below:

Scroll down. Look for subscribed calendars at the bottom of the list of calendars. If you see one unrecognized, remove it. The Other section at the bottom can have a holidays calendar, a birthdays calendar, and a Siri suggestions calendar. Those are normal.

If you see a calendar you don’t recognize but aren’t sure, post it.

The other cause of these can be calendar invites, but those don’t get added to the calendar in the same way. Which implies there’s (still) a spam calendar lurking here.

Mar 15, 2021 9:25 PM in response to sopo12

Yikes all 3 of the entries (9, 10 & 11pm) would freak me out too... And I bet all 3 hv different links, each taking you to malware ****!

U said you aren’t aware of having gotten unsolicited invites, but “add event to calendar“ could so easily be clicked in any email or on any webpage... inadvertently by accident... That is likely how it got there.

If you could hold down those links on your calendar without opening them, so that you’re offered the option to copy the URLs, that’s what I would do. You could then paste them into notes or something else to check safely. You definitely want to delete that whole day of events from your calendar if possible. .

Never saw such a thing but bad actors are sure creative these days!

I will follow your inquiry in hopes of you sharing what you might discover.

Good luck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.