You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone number

I just got a new phone and I was told that I could use my old phone number on the new phone for some reason I cannot make calls or text yet or receive those because the phone is trying to verify the number what should I do thank you

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 6:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 6:39 PM

penguinniugnep Said:

"Phone number: I just got a new phone and I was told that I could use my old phone number on the new phone for some reason I cannot make calls or text yet or receive those because the phone is trying to verify the number what should I do thank you"

-------

Contact your Carrier.

If it is not verifying and operating as it should, then contact your carrier --- they manage your cellular service.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 15, 2021 6:39 PM in response to penguinniugnep

penguinniugnep Said:

"Phone number: I just got a new phone and I was told that I could use my old phone number on the new phone for some reason I cannot make calls or text yet or receive those because the phone is trying to verify the number what should I do thank you"

-------

Contact your Carrier.

If it is not verifying and operating as it should, then contact your carrier --- they manage your cellular service.

Phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.