Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone12 not wireless charging

My iPhone 12 won’t charge on wireless charger, approved chargers are being used. Additionally I have a new car with wireless slot, will charge iPhone 11 but not iPhone 12. Is this a bug?

iPhone 12, 14

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 9:10 PM

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2021 9:10 PM in response to Rsutherl

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

Mar 29, 2021 8:18 PM in response to Rsutherl

I have the exact problem and I wish people would stop telling me I'm positioning the phone wrong. I've been using Qi chargers for years FFS. This is such a ridiculous issue, here is my hesitation with sending it to Apple to fix. When they restart the phone they will NOT notice that there is an issue because it always fixes the issue with a restart. How long will they actually test the device before deeming it fine and returning it to me without taking any action?

Mar 23, 2021 11:30 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

There are two:

1. Anker wireless charger Qi -certified for iPhone 12, 12 mini and 12 pro... note: the iPhone 10 version of this worked fine for my iPhone 10.
  2. Cadillac XT6 2021 comes equipped with wireless charger specifically for iPhones and works in conjunction with Apply play

neither of these work, however they both charge my daughters iPhone 11

Iphone12 not wireless charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.