Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iCloud storage on my computer is saying that its full when its not (pics attached)

I don't know what's happening with my macOS Big Sur but its says that my iCloud storage is full when I go into Finder but then I click on manage storage and the bar chart says that its actually not full so yeah. I've attached some screenshots to show you what I mean:

(Screenshot from Finder saying that my iCloud storage is full)

(Bar chart of my iCloud storage from Settings)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 7:35 AM

Welcome sunny2060,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, your iCloud Storage is full, even though it looks to have space available in System Preferences. We'll do our best to assist.

The screenshot provided of iCloud Storage from Settings, appears to be full. In Big Sur, when there is available space it will show up in the black color. The grey color signifies 'Other' storage space.

We'd recommend managing the iCloud Storage to create that needed space to backup and sync your data: Manage your iCloud Storage Given the screenshot, it might help to go through your Documents, Photos and Videos to create that space, since they appear to be using the most out of iCloud.

Hope this helps out, take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2021 7:35 AM in response to sunny2060

Welcome sunny2060,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, your iCloud Storage is full, even though it looks to have space available in System Preferences. We'll do our best to assist.

The screenshot provided of iCloud Storage from Settings, appears to be full. In Big Sur, when there is available space it will show up in the black color. The grey color signifies 'Other' storage space.

We'd recommend managing the iCloud Storage to create that needed space to backup and sync your data: Manage your iCloud Storage Given the screenshot, it might help to go through your Documents, Photos and Videos to create that space, since they appear to be using the most out of iCloud.

Hope this helps out, take care!

My iCloud storage on my computer is saying that its full when its not (pics attached)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.