Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad security

How can I protect my iPad from thief and what I do if it theft

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 6:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 6:37 AM

Whilst you (and you alone) can prevent theft, what you can do to protect the security of your data is to ensure that you have set a strong iPad Passcode - of at least six digits, or a stronger alpha-numeric Passcode.

So as to allow more control over your iPad if lost or stolen - and to be able to initiate remote actions - ensure the Find My iPad is enabled in Settings. This enables the Activation Lock, this being a key security feature that makes reuse of a stolen device impossible.

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Find My > Find My iPad - set to ON

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

Facilities to manage/recover a lost or stolen device are predicated on Find My iPad being enabled on the device before it was lost.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2021 6:37 AM in response to mebre129

Whilst you (and you alone) can prevent theft, what you can do to protect the security of your data is to ensure that you have set a strong iPad Passcode - of at least six digits, or a stronger alpha-numeric Passcode.

So as to allow more control over your iPad if lost or stolen - and to be able to initiate remote actions - ensure the Find My iPad is enabled in Settings. This enables the Activation Lock, this being a key security feature that makes reuse of a stolen device impossible.

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Find My > Find My iPad - set to ON

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

Facilities to manage/recover a lost or stolen device are predicated on Find My iPad being enabled on the device before it was lost.

iPad security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.