Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina back to Mojave

How do I return to Mojave from Catalina

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 2:33 PM

Is this for your iMac? If so, which exact model is it? Did it come with macOS Catalina originally or an earlier release? If it came with Catalina, you will not be able to downgrade it. Otherwise, there are a few methods that should be available for you to do so. As such, I suggest giving the following support article a look:

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2021 2:33 PM in response to AUSTINAB43

Is this for your iMac? If so, which exact model is it? Did it come with macOS Catalina originally or an earlier release? If it came with Catalina, you will not be able to downgrade it. Otherwise, there are a few methods that should be available for you to do so. As such, I suggest giving the following support article a look:

Mar 16, 2021 3:07 PM in response to AUSTINAB43

If you have a complete TM backup of your Mac when it was running macOS Mojave, then it should be possible to first erase it, and then, re-install Mojave from that backup by using Recovery Mode. I'm assuming, since you stated it came with OS X Yosemite, that it is either a Late 2014 or Mid 2015 model ... correct?

Another option would be to create a bootable installer with macOS Mojave after you erased your Mac.

See if the following support articles can help:

Catalina back to Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.