Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Security

I received a message stating my iPhone has been compromised with a Trojan virus prompting me to install an app for protection. How do I know this message is legitimate? Please advise.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 7:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 7:08 PM

That is fake/scam trojan virus message. The object of that message is to get you to click on "Remove Virus" and then have you log on to a fake site with your Apple ID and Password. This will your credentials compromised. Nothing to do with a virus at all.

How do you know if that message is legitimate or not? It is nearly impossible for your iPhone to get a virus or get hacked unless your iPhone has been Jailbroken.

Some more reading on scams/phishing below-

All about scams and phishing -

Beware of ➔ Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails 

Know how to ➔ Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams ➔  Use these tips to avoid scams and learn what to do if you think your Apple ID has been compromised.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2021 7:08 PM in response to cedricmohr

That is fake/scam trojan virus message. The object of that message is to get you to click on "Remove Virus" and then have you log on to a fake site with your Apple ID and Password. This will your credentials compromised. Nothing to do with a virus at all.

How do you know if that message is legitimate or not? It is nearly impossible for your iPhone to get a virus or get hacked unless your iPhone has been Jailbroken.

Some more reading on scams/phishing below-

All about scams and phishing -

Beware of ➔ Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails 

Know how to ➔ Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams ➔  Use these tips to avoid scams and learn what to do if you think your Apple ID has been compromised.

Axel F.

Apple Security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.