Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why after I buy I’m iCloud still my storage is full

Why my storage is full after I buy I’m iCloud

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 7:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 7:58 PM

It depends upon which storage. You're probably talking about storage on the phone itself. See this link about how to better use the new space in iCloud by using optimizing features:

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - "Learn the difference between your device and iCloud storage, ways to manage your space, and where to buy more if you run out." Click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT206504

Take-home:

1. Storage on a device is fixed and cannot be upgraded.

2. iCloud storage is on Apple's main computers. It is not a hard drive in the sky but by using optimization settings on your device it can help free up device storage. Lesser used items and larger file versions can be stored in ICloud and you can get access while connected to the Internet.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2021 7:58 PM in response to rofidah289

It depends upon which storage. You're probably talking about storage on the phone itself. See this link about how to better use the new space in iCloud by using optimizing features:

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - "Learn the difference between your device and iCloud storage, ways to manage your space, and where to buy more if you run out." Click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT206504

Take-home:

1. Storage on a device is fixed and cannot be upgraded.

2. iCloud storage is on Apple's main computers. It is not a hard drive in the sky but by using optimization settings on your device it can help free up device storage. Lesser used items and larger file versions can be stored in ICloud and you can get access while connected to the Internet.

Why after I buy I’m iCloud still my storage is full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.